KADUNA STATE RESIDENTS REGISTRATION AGENCY
Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) was established by law on 1st March, 2018 by the administration of His Excellency Mallam Nasir Ahmad el-Rufai and inaugurated on 11th April 2019. The Agency was established to create a reliable database of all residents in the State to provide useful data for planning, financial services, education, housing, health and related matters.
To be an effective agency for the generation of an up-to-date date of all residents in Kaduna State for good governance.
To identify and deploy the latest technology to register all residents in Kaduna State for effective planning and development of the State.
- Team Work
- To enable Kaduna State Government effectively allocate resources to meets the needs of its residents.
- To assist in simplifying Government State service delivery and facilitate transactions by linking existing data sources with unique person identifier.
- To develop and improve economic growth of the State.
FUNCTIONS OF THE AGENCY
- To create a reliable database of all residents in Kaduna State with a view to providing useful data for planning, security, social welfare, employment, financial services, housing demography, education, health and other related matters.
- To establish the relevant infrastructure for the creation of a resident’s information database for every resident of the State with a view to producing residency cards for all qualified residents of the state; and ensure easy identification of residents.
- To produce guidelines for the biometric data to be determined in the registration form.
- Advice the Government on the mode of collecting residents’ data from the general public.
BENEFITS OF REGISTRATION
Data will assist the Government to effectively plan and develop the State and this will improve the standard of living of the residents.
Data will allow the Government determine the overall resources required to formulate and implement policies, projects and programmes that will cater for the needs of residents.
Enable the Government to effectively plan and manage the security of the State.
MODE OF REGISTRATION
Adults: Age 16 years and above: Applicant’s information is entered into the registration data bank,
their biometric information captured and a temporary slip is issued for the Applicant to retain.
This serves as proof of registration and must be surrendered when permanent residency card is printed and to be collected.
Applicant can register anywhere across the State but must be qualified residents.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION Two proofs of residency are required:
Rent receipt/utility bill of current place of residence and any one of the following:
- International Passport
- Employee’s ID card – must have address/logo of employer
- National Driver’s License
- Students’ ID card
- Tax card or receipt
- Letter of Identification from registration or organization
Registrants under the of 16 (Ages 0-15 years) will be registered as children and will require proof of identification only.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
- Birth Certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Registration card/slip of Parent/Guardian
- Biometric of children may not be captured as these are considered unstable until adulthood.
- Registration will not be complete until the proof of identify is presented.
- All proofs of residency and means of identification presented must be at time of registration.
- The registration Officer will retain a copy all items presented.